This area is where we want to share the advice and ideas that Shedders have on the issues they are facing and what has worked to resolve them as well as other successes we have had. We need your help to fill it with useful, practical information. To make sharing these maatters easier we are investigating restricting access to these pages to members.
We hope to include information like:
- Activities that develop the Shed programme, e.g. cooking and eating!
- Common issues like collecting subs, dealing with referring agencies; getting more members
- What sells and how
- Job descriptions for paid staff and volunteers, managing, delegating and succession planning;
- Raising local funds, copies of funding applications made by Sheds.
- Persuading new guys to come, e.g. evening opening, promoting to women,
- Noticeboard for passing on spare equipment;
- H&S methods
- Sample docs or policies ;
- Local sources of advice.
In the meantime there is lots of useful information on the starting up page, which will be of help even to those with more established Sheds.
Please email any useful documents you have to email@example.com or leave details in the comments section at the bottom of the page.