What on earth can Sheds and individual Shedders do to navigate this season of ever-changing covid rules and guidelines?
To coincide with the English Lockdown we had a ‘Shedder to Shedder’ chat on Thursday 5 November 2020. Watch it here and see the resources below.
Rewatch the chat :
Take advantage of the resources you are entitled to as a member of the UK Men’s Sheds Association. (UKMSA)
- Get all the funding your Shed needs, and learn from other Sheds in the UK by subscribing to our monthly newsletter ‘Shoulder to Shoulder’
- Get our private collection of resources to help you with every aspect of developing yourself and your Shed — We have documents on Property, Charitable status, Fundraising, Insurance, Leadership, Security, Health and Safety, Attracting members and more.
- Get expensive equipment cheap! We have special relationships with tool companies like Axminster, Triton, Ronseal, The Shedstore and others.
- Don’t go it alone! Join us on a private Facebook Group with a mix of new and experienced Shedders from all over the UK.
- Enjoy the support of our ambassadors’ networks
- Get priority attention from our membership support officer
To get started with your membership call or email us on
Phone: 0300 772 9626 / Email: email@example.com
Support for Individuals
Clic – An private online community who can relate to any mental health challenges you may be facing and offer support.
Silver line – A 24 hour confidential chat line. There if you just need someone to talk to or are feeling isolated.
Nuffield Health – Fitness programmes for 70+ while isolating. Simple but highly effective home-tailored exercise routines.
NHS 111 – For those experiencing urgent health issues. If you’re feeling poorly and aren’t sure about the severity of your symptoms this service will guide you to the help you need.
Age UK – Information on Safety Online. With lockdown we’re all online more than usual, find out how to surf the internet safely.
Mankind – A private confidential website for men experiencing domestic abuse. 1 in 3 men experiences abuse. Lockdown can put a strain on the best relationships—there’s no shame in chatting to someone about it.
Advice from Chris Lee one of our guests on the show visit:
Support for Sheds
SmartWater – Protecting Sheds from theft. UKMSA have partnered up with this organisation to bring Sheds discounted rates. Get help keeping everything under lock and key during your absence.
Visit our Covid Page – We keep an eye out for constant updates on rules, regulations that affect Men’s Sheds read our latest guidance. Click Here
UK Men’s Sheds newsletter https://menssheds.org.uk/newsletter-archive/
UK Men’s Sheds Facebook Group – Get support and community from other Shedders just like yourself.
Zoom Room – A weekly meetup on Zoom hosted by Men’s Sheds CYMRU
Thursday Zoom – A weekly Zoom meetup with Nairn Shed from Scotland
In the pipeline:
From 11 November the Shed Radio show ‘Shed happens’ returns! details will be added to our site and social media as they become available.
UK Men’s Sheds Association will be rolling out PPE across England
Click here for details
Ambassadors Network email firstname.lastname@example.org