Move Forum

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Treasurer 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

SNOWHAMMER
    Participant

Hi
    I know I am new here but already I am suprised that The Shed assoc., feels the need to hide access to the forum away on the bottom line.

If it wants to grow, it needs to move Forum on to the top menu line between “Support Us” and “Member Area”.

As a website coach (in a former life MailBottle Solutions) I find it hard not to pass comment.

Please forgive an old git

Cheers Mark

dekerobbo
    Participant

I agree As a new member I found that getting to the forum and contributing was all a bit too clandestine. Why not make it simple like being listed underneath your “donate” bit at the beginning. Best wishes from Copwell in Gateshead. Derek

SNOWHAMMER
    Participant

Hooray, there are other people out there.

We may be getting slower as we get older but this forum has the pace of an escargot!

Thought the moderators would have replied, but nice to know there is still somebody interested – Thanks Derek.

Cheers Mark

KentShedder
    Participant

Apparently the UK Mens Shed Association Forum is run by a Few Volunteers.
    I queried a Member being not a person over a week ago and have not yet received a reply.

Len.

KentShedder
    Participant

And still waiting.

Len.

SNOWHAMMER
    Participant

Don’t worry Len they have not even noticed we are in 2019 ( bottom page left) so what chance have you got!

Cheers Mark

Only just found this !
    Totally agree with comments – a forum is very useful – why not publicise it more!
    Carole – Beccles Mens Shed

Treasurer
    Keymaster

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments and feedback, sorry it’s taken a while for me to notice.

We are lacking a webmaster at the moment, so I’ve stepped in as one of the UKMSA trustees to see what I can do.

The link to the forum was at the top of our website, but in a light shade of mustard yellow which was rather difficult to spot. I’ve changed it to red so hopefully stands out better now. I’ve also updated our copyright dates!

We are a small team and unfortunately lacking somewhat in the IT knowledge and skills required (and time) for managing a website.

I am however very keen to get the forums more active, so any comments, advice or help would be appreciated.

Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.