New Peak District Member

Home Forums UK Men’s Sheds Forum About Me New Peak District Member

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Merrick 10 hours, 29 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Merrick
    Participant

Hi

As a new member to Mens Sheds I thought I would introduce myself.

I am in the process of relocating from Putney, London to Bakewell/Buxton having finished full time work last year. This is proving to be slower than hoped for due to the slowness of the housing market! Hopefully we will be able to sell our flat and make the move this year.

I am interested in joining an existing shed or assisting / being involved in setting up a new Shed – somewhere near Bakewell, Buxton / Matlock etc.

I have done quite a lot of woodwork, a little turning, metalwork and home maintenance activities and am looking to use the skills I have to assist others, work on community projects and hopefully work on projects for Remap. I am also particularly interested in learning about / getting hands on with using CNC, 3D printing machines. I am computer literate and am currently learning to use the CAD/CAM software required to run these machines.

Kind Regards

Merrick

Brian Sketchley
    Participant

Hi Merrick
    When you get up here we would like to invite you to visit our shed just outside Chesterfield. It may be a bit far from your planned relocation area but we would be happy to show you around and have a chat over coffee. We have a great workshop, postcode is S42 5EJ.

Rob
    Grassmoor & Hasland Men in Sheds

Merrick
    Participant

Hi Rob

Many thanks for your e-mail and kind invite. I will get in touch to arrange a visit once we are a bit further on with selling up down in London and being able to make the move to Bakewell.

Regards

Merrick

Hi Merrick

I would also like to extend an invitation to you to visit our shed at Swanwick. Sadly at the moment, Derbyshire is short on sheds and there is nothing as yet in the peak. We have been going for two years and operate from a pleasant farm site with woodturning, furniture restoration and much more.

Be pleased to see you or hear from you.

Charlie Parkes

Merrick
    Participant

Hi Charlie

Thank you for your e-mail and invite. I will get in tough to arrange a visit once we have made the move to Bakewell. Unfortunately house sales are very slow at the moment.

Regards

Merrick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.