Planning – Permitted Use Code for a MEn's Shed?

Home Forums UK Men’s Sheds Forum Starting Sheds Planning – Permitted Use Code for a MEn's Shed?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ronb
    Participant

Hi All,

As Chairman of Wokingham Men’s Shed, I think I may have found suitable premises in a disused council sports pavilion. The Council have said that I need to check the ‘permitted use’ alignment of this building versus our needs, and after some quick googling, it would seem that this building is a ‘D2’ category of permitted use. I think that as a place for retired men to come together and do some simple woodwork, that a Men’s Shed would be category ‘D2’. Does anyone have any experience with this, and knows what planning category a Men’s Shed would definitely fall under?

Thanks
    Ron

Shirleyshed
    Participant

Hello Ron. I’m the Secretary of Shirley Men’s Shed (Southampton) and I’d like to know the answer too. Did you get an answer?
    Best wishes,
    Brian Hooper

Treasurer
    Keymaster

While I have no specific experience I would be inclined to agree with Ron. Class D2 is Assembly and leisure. The example uses do not appear to fit very well but the title “assembly and lesiure” does. Secondly I can not see how a Men’s Shed would fit under any other class. Full list here.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.